Friday, March 30, 2012

Beads

I know, I know...I have been a delinguent blogger. I looked at the date to see that it has been over a month since I last posted. Oops. Honestly, we really haven't been doing anything interesting enough to take a picture of...that and I got a new iPhone and just tonight figured out how to get the pictures off of it. : )

Here's a snippet from the other day. Maya got out these beads and was making designs. Then she asked me to play with her and I was instructed to count all the beads in the bucket. I decided that this should be a teachable moment and put the beads in groups of 10 in each square in the table.
Then we got out the sticky notes and wrote out the numbers, by 10s and put them in the squares next to the beads.

Easy lesson on counting by 10s! She's been practicing ever since. : )

No comments: