Friday, June 11, 2010

I've fallen and I can't get up!!

All joking aside, I did fall and couldn't get up. Most of you already know this, but Monday night at 3 a.m. I woke up feeling nauseas. I got up to go to the bathroom to throw up, turned on the bathroom light, bent over the toilet and apparently collapsed and passed out. Aaron had happened to wake up as I turned on the light and saw me hit the bathroom floor. He freaked of course and immediately called 911. I woke up about a minute later or so lying spread out on the bathroom floor. I was dizzy, nauseas, unable to really move or think clearly. The paramedics came and checked me out not finding anything wrong. They let me sit up and when I did that the nausea came right back and I went right back to the toilet to throw up. The paramedics left and I continued to throw up every 20-30 minutes for the rest of the night. It was not fun. Aaron saw a life of single fatherhood flash before his eyes. Other than being completely exhausted I felt fine by morning. Aaron made me an appointment to see the doctor that afternoon. The doc couldn't pinpoint a cause either, but is putting me through all kinds of heart testing to make sure that isn't the cause. I'm sure it isn't. Right now I'm hooked up to a portable heart monitor for 3 days. Earlier today I had an echocardiogram (ultrasound of my heart) which was kinda cool to see, and next Tuesday I am having a brain MRI and ultrasound of my corrotoid artery. I'm positive all these things will be normal, but we just want to rule them out. I'm guessing I'll have all the results in a week or two and will let you all know. Meanwhile I am the talk of the neighborhood!

1 comment:

Becky said...

wow! josh just said "that girl DOES know how to have a good time"! :)
seriously, though, we will pray that all these tests come back totally fine and that you continue to feel better. i'm sure that was really scary, i'm sorry that happened!