Thursday, June 24, 2010

An update on me

Since my little "episode", all has been well, but a few of you have let me know that you'd like to know the results of all my tests. So.... my heart echo and holter monitor results were normal. My heart is good to go. My bloodwork showed that some of my thyroid levels are a little off - low I think. Anyway, I have to have that re-tested in a couple months to see if it's still low. I have no idea what happens if it still is. My MRI did show something. I guess there is a 7 mm lesion in my brain somewhere. It looks like it is a hemangioma - basically a bulging blood vessel. I have a meeting with a neurologist next Friday to go over things, but from the little we know, this is not terribly dangerous. It seems to be nearer to the venous system, rather than the arterial side, which means the pressure is not great and if it were to burst it wouldn't cause major damage. My doctor said that most likely I'll have to have periodic MRI's to make sure it isn't growing or changing. We'll know more next week after we meet with the neurologist. So, that's that. Don't worry about me.

No comments: