Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A funny...and not so much

Maggie was up a couple nights ago complaining of pains in her legs...growing pains I guess. I don't know, Aaron was home...I was out with the ladies of the neighborhood at a movie and happy hour. Anyway, the next morning at breakfast, she got off her chair, stood up and declared that she was taller because she "grew" last night. I was cracking up. She also told me that her feet were bigger and was sure that her gymnastics coach would notice the height difference as well. : )

Maya on the other hand has not been as funny. Actually she's been a total pain in the neck. The last three days or so have NOT been fun...family reinforcements could not be coming at a better time! This morning she slammed Maggie's finger in the bedroom door and then a little while later wrecked a beaded project Mags was working on at the kitchen table. Those were just the major incidents of the day. She's definitely acting her age and I don't like it one bit!!!

In other news, Maggie has developed a major case of the "gimmie's" at every store we go into so I have decided that I'm not taking them shopping with me for a while. I can't take it. Between the constant asking for stuff, needing to go to the bathroom at least once, usually more, and wanting in and out of the cart every other minute, it's just an absolute nightmare. So tonight after dinner I went to Sam's Club ALL BY MYSELF! It was delightful, and peaceful! I really need to do it more often. : ) I didn't have to be constantly pestered to buy slushies and to find the "pass out eaters". Ahhhhh! The bad news...I had more time to look around and spent a lot of money. Oh well...the trade off was worth it!!!!!

Thanks for listening to me venting. I feel better now! : )

No comments: