Sunday, November 16, 2008

Maggie-isms

I have always prided myself on someone who has a lot of patience. But now I'm not so sure. I think we're all going stir crazy with cabin fever, and it's not even technically winter yet! I think the girls are having a hard time adjusting to the fact that they can't burn off all their energy outside anymore and they're driving me nuts!!!! Maya has once again decided that naps are a thing of the past and I'm pretty sure its for real this time. We converted her bed a couple weeks ago to the toddler bed, and she refuses to nap in there. So, we thought we were real smart and put the pack n play in her room for naps..she can't get out. Well, that worked for one day, then she figured out how to get out! So, the pack n play is put away again and we're back to step one. She is just exhausted, but refuses to sleep. Plus for some reason she's been getting up at 6 to 6:30 am. Maggie too. Thank goodness daddy's still home at that time and I can lay in bed and pretend to sleep until 7. And, to make matters worse, she gets nasty when she's tired. Hitting, spitting, kicking he dog, pulling Maggie's hair. She's a real charmer. : ) On the bright side, she's starting to potty train and that makes me happy. I'm not pushing her, like I did with Maggie. That really drove me to the brink of insanity and I vow not to do that to myself again. So, she's going 4, 5, 6 times a day on the potty and we're talking about how ALL the potty needs to go in the toilet. And I'm pretty sure her favorite room in the house is the bathroom. She had her 2 year checkup last week and she's perfect. Her growth has definitely slowed down. She's not going to be a giant like her big sister. She's now only in the 60th percentile for height and 10th for weight. So, kind of a lightweight. : )

Maggie on the other hand is really fun right now. I am thoroughly enjoying the 4's! For the most part she's respectful, patient and generally fun to be around. She's old enough to actually do a project, or play a real game and stuff like that. I had my first parent/teacher conference this week and she's doing great. They had the kids do a coloring, and her teacher said that only like 1 in 40 preschoolers do as good of a job as she did. Stayed in the lines, colored the whole thing, using appropriate colors for corresponding parts. So, she's a stellar colorer! She loves school. She's kind of funny with the things she says too. Here are a couple of Maggie-isms:

1. Oprah's - translation: overalls
2. 101 Damnations - translation: 101 Dalmations

Tonight we had family pizza and movie night. We had a "pizza picnic" downstairs on a picnic blanket, and then watched the movie Cars (which we rented from the library) and had popcorn. The movie was really cute and Maggie watched most of it...Maya watched about 5 minutes of it. She did enjoy the 5 minutes that she watched though. She was making car noises and cheering the race cars on! It was pretty cute.

One last thing, just an update about Becky and baby Emma Faith. Emma had her hernia surgery and everything is now back where it's supposed to be and she's off her breathing tube. Her heart has seemed to be miraculously healed and she's doing great. Continued prayers for them though as there is still a long road ahead.

No comments: