Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Back to the gym...

Well, I'm about to be gainfully employed again. I'm going back to coaching at the gym. Turned in my application at Maggie's class this morning and was hired on the spot. Not surprising, seeing as my resume was "exceptional", their words, not mine! : ) Not sure exactly when I'll be working. Probably 2 nights a week and Saturday mornings. Desperate times call for desperate measures!!!! I'm also starting to watch Daniel, the neighbor boy once or twice a week while his mom substitute teaches, so I'll be getting paid a little for that too. And, selling leotards. I sold my first 2 the other day, granted it was to the grandma of one of the neighbors, it still counts! So, I just went from 0 to 3 jobs.

Maya woke up again with both of her eyes gooped shut. She hates the warm washcloth, so it takes a little while to get them de-gooped. Still debating whether I should take her in or not. Maybe if they're still bad tomorrow...

A funny story about Maggie...
She was making a picture to send to Grandma (it will be coming by the way, Grandma) the other day and she drew pictures of Grandma, Grandpa and Grammy on it. She wrote Grandma's name with the letters G W A M A on the top. I said that she did great spelling, except for the R really looked like a W. I asked her who she drew and told her I would write their names on top of the pictures so Grandma would know who they were. I wrote the names and she threw a fit when I wrote Grandma over the picture of Grandma. She said she already wrote Grandma's name. I said, but honey, she's not going to know what it says because you can't tell that the W looking thing is an R. She said, no mom, it's a W. Then I got it. She sounded it out just like she says it, GWAMA. I said, good honey, you sounded it out just right!!!! Gotta work on those R's I guess! :)

No comments: