Monday, February 23, 2009

For fun...

In the lives of the Kelly kids, leotards are necessities of life. They wear them EVERY day at some point, usually at multiple points, and we have now progressed from performing single skills, to full blown routines on beam and floor. This includes Maya and it is REALLY cute!!! I wish I knew how to get a video up on here. Anyway... here they are, sporting their leotards and actually being nice to each other, for the moment anyway!



Maya is crazy. She has no fear. She KNOWS that we don't jump or do bouncy on the couch, so of course, this is what I came downstairs to find her doing the other day. Nice.

Maggie's having a growth spurt I think, and I've noticed that all her leotards are starting to ride up her butt, so being the wonderful mother that I am, put my sewing skills to work and made her a couple new ones. Then of course, Miss Maya had to have some too. Pretty cute huh?

This is what I came downstairs to a little bit ago. Is there a 4 year old in that diaper box???

Why yes, there surely is!

Fun times with a box. What could be better?

This is my latest invention. Maggie is suddenly 4 going on 14. We have plenty of sassing, telling mom and dad "no!" and other not so pleasant things. She also likes to baby talk and generally speak jibberish. I CAN NOT STAND IT!!!! So, I made this lovely chart and we're gonna nip this in the bud before I have to check in to the looney bin. : ) This is the "Good Talk, Bad Talk" chart. She has to put stars in the "bad" section for sassing, being rude, baby talking, etc., and gets to put stars in the "good" section for being polite with words, asking for things nicely, and speaking in English. (a novel concept I know). I still have to make up the rewards and consequences, but she doesn't really seem to care and it seems to be working so far!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I LOVE your sassy chart idea...we've been dealing with the same and I'm in need of a new system or else I just might go insane! :) Playdate this week?!?!