Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Since there are a lot of people out there doing things like "Not Me Monday" or "Wordless Wednesday", neither of which I got around to, I thought I would institute "Thankful Thursday". This is my own creation, so don't make fun!!!

This Thursday I am very thankful for special days such as Valentines Day. Crafts are easy to come by and the kids LOVE doing holiday stuff, especially when they involves glitter and frosting & sprinkles (seperate projects of course!). I have had multiple kids to watch this week, so crafts and organized projects were a must to keep the bickering, tattling and fighting to a minimum. Here's a few...

We made these Valentine hats on Wednesday when I had a full house (Lily was also there but refused to get in the picture.)

The kids each decorated their headband with stickers and markers.

Then we added the curly antenaes with sparkly hearts on the ends.

Maggie's filling out her name on all 20 valentines she took to school today to pass out. It was a lot of writing for her. Tinkerbell got hooked up with a chocolate heart and they were ready to go!

Maya "helping".

Concentration...

Here we made some cookie suckers for the "Cove" kids. I did the frosting, Maggie did the sprinkles. I think they turned out really cute. We packaged them up in a clear baggie with a pink ribbon and will pass them out on Saturday.

Maggie putting the finishing touch, the sprinkles, on the cookie suckers.
Aaron's flying out to Seattle tomorrow and for some that read this, there will be Valentines in tow. We love all of you and wish we could give them to you ourselves...Happy Valentines Day!

No comments: