Saturday, March 14, 2009

Color books and Fruit Loop Rainbows

We had quite the crafty week (last week actually), making 2 projects. I saw this idea of doing rainbows using Fruit Loops instead of just coloring or something boring like that, so we just HAD to try it out! I got my box of Fruit Loops and we went to town. I cut rainbow shapes out of foam and let the kids go to town adding the colored rainbows.



Then of course we just decided to have a "breakfast" lunch, with none other than...Fruit Loops, english muffins and orange juice. Yummy!

And then, since they hadn't eaten enough sugary O's already, we finished off the box by making necklaces which they promptly polished off too. : )


I also found these really cute little chipboard books at Michaels for $1 each. They had all kinds of shapes. Maggie chose flowers, we got cars for Daniel and stars for Maya. They had 5 pages each and I thought they'd be perfect for the kids to make little books out of. So first I had them paint each page a different color.

Let the paint dry.

(No, that's not a bloody nose, its red paint!!!)
Then, after they dried, they glued strips of paper that said, Blue car, Yellow flower, Green star, etc. on the corresponding page.


Put all the pages together with a little ring and voila! Then when they were done, the kids each "read" their books.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hi Gretchen: This is one of the Katies from ABC & 123, I would love to share the color books you made on ABC & 123 on an upcoming post about colors. Please let me know if this would be okay. I'd like to use the one with the kids holding up the finished book, since they're covering their faces, give a short description, and link back to your post. You should be able to get to my email through my profile or you can use the button on our blog. Thanks again and have a great day!

Annette W. said...

Simple and sweet!