Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Run, run as fast as you can!

This past weekend was the Twin Cities Marathon weekend. Besides the marathon, they also hold a 10 mile, 10K, 5K, 1 mile, 1/2 mile, toddler trot and diaper dash. I ran the 10k - I wasn't really as prepared as I would have liked to have been, so the end of the race was a bit of a challenge. Still, I finished and survived. There are no pictures of me, cuz my race was at 7:30 am and I was sent by myself. : (

Maggie and daddy ran the 1/2 mile race! This was Maggie's first organized race and she did great! They had all the kids split up by grade level so it wasn't so much of a mob scene. She was one of the first kids over the finish line for the K and under group! I asked her if she would want to do it again next year, and she said, "no, I'll be too tired!" : )

Maya was mad that she wasn't able to run too, so she and daddy did a modified "race" down the sidewalk, while Maggie and I cheered with the thundersticks at the "finish line". Next year Maya.

Here we are waiting for Maggie's race to begin. The thundersticks were all ready to go! (Grandma and Grandpa will love this...Maya calls the thunderstics "cougars". All that cheering with the WSU pom poms rubbed off!)

Maggie and daddy at the start line!

On your marks... get set...


Go!

Crossing the finish line with a hug from Daddy!

She even got a medal! (all the kids did)

Post race pictures with Mr. Bubble, and...

...the Bubba Gump Shrimp. (yes, you can guess who's idea these pictures were - not mine!)
We had a great time and we all got our daily workout in before noon. The weather wasn't great and it was cold, but I think even daddy was glad we went. : )

1 comment:

The Village Company said...

Great pictures! I was actually at the event coordinating Mr. Bubble. I even think I have one w/Mr. Bubble and one of your little ones. Do you have an email address I can send it to?